Monday, April 14, 2008

The Monsanto Monster

Just another reason that genetically engineered seed and food products scare the hell out of me. Please take note of this post and take action by using the link provided at the bottom. Please share with others.

Multi-Billion $$ Monsanto Sues More Small Family Farmers
Percy Schmeiser
Percy Schmeiser is a farmer from Saskatchewan Canada, whose Canolafields were contaminated with Monsanto's genetically engineered Round-Up Ready Canola by pollen from a nearby farm. Monsanto says it doesn't matter how the contamination took place, and is therefore demanding Schmeiser pay their Technology Fee (the fee farmers must pay to grow Monsanto's genetically engineered products). According to Schmeiser, "I never had anything to do with Monsanto, outside of buying chemicals. I never signed a contract. If I would go to St. Louis (Monsanto Headquarters) and contaminate their plots--destroy what they have worked on for 40 years--I think I would be put in jail and the key thrown away."

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monlink.cfm

No comments: