Friday, October 3, 2008

No Kidding.......Really!!

Katie giving Daisy an exam to see when we might expect the kids. She is getting fatter by the day.
Liv and Katie are keeping a close eye on the goats these days. We can hardly wait for the kids to arrive.
I guess that I am a little off on the due date of the goat kids seeing as we still don't have any. I had thought that they should be due around mid September but I'm wrong again. I am going by the date we introduced them to Cheif, our pygmy buck, I never seen them do the dirty deed so I'm not sure when it happened. They are for sure packing on the weight though. Here is Katie feeding Emily, the only pygmy doe that we have. They are both so cute. We have been keeping them in the fenced garden area during the night the last week or so and they have really cleaned it up. This part of the garden ran it's course and now the goats are adding manure in large quanities. We turn them out during the day to forage on all the good weeds and grass around the yard, saves me some work too.

7 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Just surfed by your blog...I'm glad I did! Soooo cute! We love goats, too. But we don't have any.

Your sweet girl is so blessed to be able to grow up on a farm. We live in the woods with dogs, cat and horses...but wish we had room for cows and goats!

I've enjoyed my visit!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Katie looks so sweet and happy! Good luck on the births.

WrethaOffGrid said...

Cute goats! And your little kid too!;) I would like to do goats, but my hubby will not eat goat meat or goat milk or cheese... I'll have to work on him...

Wretha

Anonymous said...

Oh, the goats are sooo cute!!! Are you going to milk them? I LOVE goat's milk! How fun!!! Gen--IL Homesteader

The Scavenger said...

Meg, thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be back soon. We love our goats, great pets. One on the biggest reason for our having animals is because I want our kids to grow up with them. Taking care of and looking after them is a great learning experience.

MOH, Katie is a very happy and energetic young lady. Thanks.

Wreatha, I know you have been busy with the new grandbaby these days, thanks for your comments. Goats are great to have around if nothing else, just to take care of cleaning up all the unwanted weeds.

Gen, We do intend to try to milk our goats, we want to make cheese and soap mostly. Can't wait to get started on the new adventure.

Thanks to all for your comments, I love to hear from all of you.
Chris

TEAM HALL said...

I am so stinkin jealous!!! I would LOVE to raise some goats. Please let us know how the milking/soap adventure goes...
BTW: Baby girl is sooooo cute! You're giving her the best life ever! My hat's off to you!
Cath

The Scavenger said...

Cath, thanks a bunch for that comment. We love goats, they are so much fun for all of us. Katie has a pretty good life here thanks to all the animals. Thanks again.