Sunday, June 15, 2008

Forge Picture

Some of my blogger friends are having a hard time watching the video, with dial-up this can be a pain. Sorry to all. Here is a picture of something close to what I hope to end up with. Click here for a few more pics. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://home.flash.net/~dwwilson/ntba/forge.JPG&imgrefurl=http://home.flash.net/~dwwilson/ntba/coalforge.html&h=396&w=337&sz=39&hl=en&start=34&sig2=AxnnQje4H-w4yWQ5ywyfHg&um=1&tbnid=Tu91smitLS9_3M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=106&ei=HilVSOm1LpiuiAH2w6mYAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dforge%2Bpics%26start%3D18%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GWYE_enUS276US276%26sa%3DN

2 comments:

Ron said...

Oh, that's really cool! I was picturing a whole shed devoted to blacksmithing... what you have pictured seems very practical and self-contained.

I'm really curious about what sorts of things you are going to make! Looks like a fun hobby! I can picture making some real nice plant hangers as Christmas gifts. :)

Ron

The Scavenger said...

Thanks Ron, I love the idea of being able to work with steel with such a simple set up. All you really need to have a forge is a fire and some way to give it air. I am probably going to use an old hair dryer as my fan.

I hope to make a set of grates for my buck stove, I need some heavy duty gate hinges, I could also make some pretty nice gates too. The list could go on and on. We I get it built and up and running I'm sure my "Honey-Do" list will be full. Olivia has some projects for me too.
Thanks
Chris

P.S. How are the hogs doing??? hehe