Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rain Rain Rain

Nothing but rain here today so no work on the milking stand I guess. I'm gonna head down to the clubhouse and work on some renewable power projects. Dragon has a great post about his set and you should read it if you are interested in getting off grid on the cheap. Tell him the Scavenger set ya his way, he'll be glad to hear from ya. Then jump over and see Wretha's post on her solar set up too. Both are very good read and easy to understand information.

6 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Rain, rain, go away
Come again some other day
My goats want to go outside and play
Come again some other day

I so love reading about all the off-grid stuff, and yet, I'll likely never quite get there, I can at least dream about it.

The Scavenger said...

Joanna, rain is still here, plenty of it too. I would love to get off grid, maybe I can get my Clubhouse that way anyhow. I love the thought of it all, to be free for good. Thank you for your interest.

Chris

HermitJim said...

Since my planned move is to a place where there is NO power available, this is something I have reading and studying on for a long time...

Hope to test it a bit before the move just to be sure!

Marie said...

I think that one of the great things about learning about alternatives in energy sources is that you have more to choose from if you are placed in a situation where your regular sources aren't available--good stuff to know and learn, and if possible, to use-- thanks for the links!

The Scavenger said...

Jim, there is some good reading over there. I love learning about off grid power. Good stuff.

Marie, these are some of the most important things to. If I can provide my family free power anytime anywhere I am better prepared.

Thank you for coming by and I hope we can all learn more about getting ourselfs off grid.

Chris

WrethaOffGrid said...

Thanks for the link, every little bit helps! :)

Wretha